Insights about SOLUTIONS for Supermarket Automation
PCI SECURITY – Keeping Your Data Safe! – July, 2019
We’re pretty sure this directly affects YOUR business, ours too!
The threat is real… the damage can be catastrophic….
You will discover…
• How to PROTECT your data without being tech savvy!
• What NEVER to do when you want to keep your data safe.
• Why everything you learned about keeping your data safe is INCOMPLETE and what you should do instead.
At InStore Technology we want you to know that the bad guys are out there and it’s only a matter of time before they tap into your data if they haven’t already.
Data thieves have become really good at what they do because it pays extremely well with little to no downside.
No business would ever consider leaving the doors unlocked.
You have monitoring alarm systems should anyone try to break in when the store is closed. Why? The answer is simple, you recognize the threat, you know it’s real and you’re doing everything you can to ensure you’re protected.
In the exact same way you protect physical assets – you should also protect your digital assets. Nobody wants to spend time and money on something that hasn’t been a problem and isn’t a real problem right now.
Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
Digital Firewall and Router
Very few store operators have the time, aptitude, or desire to build, let alone monitor and fine tune their networks to ensure it’s secure.
At InStore Technology we use Millennium Digital to protect our networks and data and we strongly recommend Millennium Digital for each and every Retailer we serve.
They know what they’re doing! They’re very familiar with independent supermarkets, and they have the tools, the knowledge, and skills to ensure your network is as secure as possible.
They continuously monitor your digital assets to ensure your digital business is safe and secure just like your physical assets
• Complete network support
• State-of-the-art firewall technology
• Drop-in PCI DSS compliance
Wouldn’t it be nice to sleep at night knowing that YOUR data is SAFE?
Most Common Threats to Data Security:
- Insider Threats: Many threats come from current and former employees, or even partners and suppliers who have access to your network. Supermarkets are revolving doors for employees, some good and some not so good. Even good employees can inadvertently click on a link and in comes malware or a virus.
- Spear phishing: This is a lot more common than you may think and is a very effective means to fool people into downloading malware and Trojan viruses. These will cause harm to your device/PC and in many cases, place applications that collect sensitive information. Spear phishing is very sophisticated; 80 percent of malware attacks come from phishing. Beware, innocent looking but fraudulent emails can have a significant financial impact on your business.
- Ransomware: This is a particularly troublesome threat that encrypts your data files rendering them unusable until you pay handsomely to unlock them. Don’t think for a moment that just because you got them unlocked
you’re good to go… The bad guys may very well still have your data which they can review at their leisure.
- Newer Threats:
- IoT (Internet of things) – it’s here and growing fast.
- CaaS (Crime as a Service). These guys are very sophisticated and they know how to break into your network and then extract large quantities of your cash as you rush to use their services to get your network and data back.
In summary, InStore Technology is your business partner. We know the threats are real, and we want to help protect you. We know of no better solution for you Supermarket than Millennium Digital. Give us a call today – let’s get you moving to a digital peace of mind.
Want to know more? Call us now at 1-800-544-8408
We’re committed to providing the finest equipment, professional service, and technical support at affordable prices. When you need us, we’re there.
Visit Our Website http://www.InStoreTech.com
Next Report: “Loyalty – is there even such a thing in 2018?”
© 2018 InStore Technology – Your Solutions Partner – the Intelligent Choice!